F1 carp introduced at Head Fen Lakes and Fisheries
- Credit: Archant
More than 2,500 F1 carp have been introduced to Head Fen Lakes and Fisheries ready for the winter season.
The fisheries, located at Head Fen between Ely and Littleport, have worked closely with sports and leisure fisheries in Shropshire to bring a new species to avid anglers in the area.
The F1 has joined other carp species currently in Snake Lake to extend the current feeding season.
They are a slightly smaller breed of carp that is relatively new to the UK.
Head Fen Lakes and Fisheries manager, Mark Taylor, said: “We expect the carp we have introduced to reach a weight between six and nine pounds.
You may also want to watch:
“We have introduced these F1 carp as they continue to feed in colder water where other fish tend to slow down and thereby extend the fishing season of Snake Lake.”
There is plenty of confusion as to what an F1 carp really is as they look very similar to commons with their overall shape.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
Head Fen Lakes and Fisheries features three lakes, 77 pegs and more than 11 species.
They are open all year round and welcome anglers with any level of experience.
Contact Mark Taylor on 07831 810 052 or visit www.headfenlakes.co.uk for more information.