Face painting, fancy dress and more promised at colourful Chatteris picnic
- Credit: Archant
A COLOURFUL community picnic will take place in Chatteris on Monday.
The Bubbly Bugs Picnic will include face painting, a bugs themed fancy dress competition and a free prize draw.
All funds raised will go to the Bubbly Bugs, a group for families of children with special needs run by Ormiston at the Chatteris Children’s Centre.
The event is being hosted by the Chatteris Residents Association and supported by Roddons Housing Association.
Jenny Hodson, managing director of Roddons, said: “We’re supporting summer events like this because we know how important they are in bringing the community together.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to see everybody out enjoying the day, and hopefully the sunshine.”
Gill Smith, chairman of the Chatteris Association said: “After residents told us how much they enjoyed last year’s event, we decided to hold it again this summer. We really hope that everyone enjoys the day.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The Bubbly Bugs Picnic is being held at the Bricstan Rooms, Chatteris from 11am – 2pm.