Facebook tributes for 18-year-old from March killed in crash near Forty Foot
TRIBUTES have poured onto a social networking site for an 18-year-old man killed last night in a two-vehicle crash near Chatteris.
Craig James Bird, of Norwood Road, March, was driving a Peugeot 106 which was in collision with a Toyota Hilux in Doddington Road, close to the junction with Badney Drove.
Craig, a former student of Neale-Wade Community College in March, was an apprentice at Metalcraft in Chatteris.
Last night tributes were left on the social networking site Facebook by many of his friends.
Sopie Edwards said: “My thoughts are with your family and friends. You’re going to be missed so much Craig! Never forgotten.”
Donna Bartram wrote: “So unfair... RIP,” and Josh Edwards wrote: “RIP buddy.”
Chelsey Jackson said: “Craig, you was a great lad, even though sometimes at school you was the most annoying person ever, but you always fount a way to make us laugh LOL!
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
“It’s so hard to put into words how everyone is feeling right now. All my thoughts are with your family and loved ones!
“RIP Craig, you will be truly missed.”
Tiffy Louise Tibbles said: “Going to miss you so much,” and Daniel Jackson wrote: “RIP Craig, you will always be remembered.”
Nikki Willett said: “You were a right little s***, but I know nobody would ever change you. Rest in piece up there. Sleep tight, lots of love.”
Work colleague Adam Whiting wrote: “I said a bird, bird, bird, bird is the word ;), love you dude we will all miss you at work. RIP Craig.”
The road, the B1096 from Chatteris to Doddington, was closed for several hours in both directions between the Forty Foot Bank junction and the Lilyholt junction.
One resident, Mark Burton, said at one time he saw a “big plume of black smoke” across the area following the accident.
Fire crews confirmed that they extinguished flames at the scene of the crash.
• Police are investigating the collision. Anyone with information should contact Sgt Steve Watson on 0345 456 4564.