FACET college students take the style back in time to help launch the first Cath Kidston glasses in March
- Credit: Archant
FACET students took a step back into vintage style to help launch a new shabby chic range of glasses at Specsvaers which is sponsoring the March special needs college for a year.
The students donned 50s style clothing for the launch of new Cath Kidston eyewear at the March branch of the store.
Kris Harrold, FACET manager, said: “The FACET students looked just the part in Cath Kidston floral as they sang outside the March store in the high street.
“Karen Nielsen, a tutor at FACET, had the students in fine voice as they sang songs such as the Andy Williams classic “I can’t take my eyes off of you.”
Spec Savers staff are taking part in their second Colour Run at Ferry Meadows in Peterborough on October 29 to bring in money for FACET.
You may also want to watch:
Kris said: “We really cannot thank Spec Savers enough for all their support, the students had so much fun and we raised money for some truly deserving people at the same time.
“To think that a huge company like Spec Savers has the time to take such an interest in a local charity is very special indeed.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
• FACET is open Monday – Friday 9.30am to 3,30pm. Please call Kris on 01354 655080 for details on student placements or for any fund raising ideas.