FACET college students take the style back in time to help launch the first Cath Kidston glasses in March
- Credit: Archant
FACET students took a step back into vintage style to help launch a new shabby chic range of glasses at Specsvaers which is sponsoring the March special needs college for a year.
The students donned 50s style clothing for the launch of new Cath Kidston eyewear at the March branch of the store.
Kris Harrold, FACET manager, said: “The FACET students looked just the part in Cath Kidston floral as they sang outside the March store in the high street.
“Karen Nielsen, a tutor at FACET, had the students in fine voice as they sang songs such as the Andy Williams classic “I can’t take my eyes off of you.”
Spec Savers staff are taking part in their second Colour Run at Ferry Meadows in Peterborough on October 29 to bring in money for FACET.
You may also want to watch:
Kris said: “We really cannot thank Spec Savers enough for all their support, the students had so much fun and we raised money for some truly deserving people at the same time.
“To think that a huge company like Spec Savers has the time to take such an interest in a local charity is very special indeed.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
• FACET is open Monday – Friday 9.30am to 3,30pm. Please call Kris on 01354 655080 for details on student placements or for any fund raising ideas.