FACET staff cycle 92 miles to raise money to fix leaking roof at the March college
- Credit: Archant
Pedal power will be out in force when staff at FACET charity college get on their bikes in green tutus to cycle from March to Hunstanton.
The cycling crew will make the 92 round trip mile journey to raise funds to repair the roof at the Marwick Road college.
They have been in training for three months by cycling every morning and also up to three evenings, covering at least 50 miles a week.
Jo Stafford, who works at FACET, said: “Staff have been training very hard The team have completed a trial run to Ferry Meadows and are looking forward to the challenge.
“Most taking part are novices so it is a big thing,” Jo said. “It just proves what you can do if you really put your mind to it.
The team, who call themselves Tour de FACET, plan to get to Castle Rising and have a pit stop for food and drinks then carry on.
“We are ready for this, it is a real mind set thing - we have said we can do it so we will just keep going.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
Joining them are two support vehicles.
Once they have arrived at the coast they will then back track to Snettisham where they will camp for the night.
Then it is back in the saddle the next morning to make their way back to March.
“We have all the proper kit, padded underwear the works!” Jo said.
So far they have raised £545 on their online donation page.
An extra £300 in cash has also been pledged.
The team will set off on Saturday July 29 from the college at about 7am.
Riders hope to complete the run in around 4.5 hours.
• To support donate to their Just Giving page. “Most importantly help the students celebrate their achievements at their end of year summer ball, Jo said.