Calling all book lovers! Swap shed to open in Fen town
- Credit: FACT
A 'swap shed' opens in March next week thanks to a project between FACT community transport and Healthy Fenland.
"Most people love a good book and, to that end, the idea of a 'swap shed' was created," said a FACT spokesperson.
"From Monday October 25, you can come along to FACT and help yourself to a book.
"Then, once you have finished with it, return the book and swap for another one - it’s as simple as that.
"We have a large range of books for you to borrow and all are in alphabetical order to make it easier for you to choose.
"All we ask is that, when you return the books, you put them back on the shelf."
There will also be occasions when the shed has puzzles and games for people to borrow.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 8 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
"Thank you to our lovely volunteers Chris and Heather Ley for organising the shelves into a logical order and a huge thank you to U-Wood Bespoke for putting the shed up and donating the shelves and brackets," added FACT.
The 'swap shed' is located within the FACT compound just inside the entrance gate and is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4pm.