FACT sets up fourth befriending group
- Credit: Nicola Christy
Fact Community Transport is looking for a volunteer to run its new Tuesday befriending group.
The original group started on May 25 2015 with just seven people.
There’s now 16 members who enjoy bingo, quizzes, sandwiches and cake together.
Nicola Christy, Community Hub Co-ordinator at FACT said: “Over time, the group’s changed from knitting cushions to making birthday cards.”
Today, the group were welcomed at a talk by Peter Jackman about the History of March.
Group member Ann said: “I’ve made many friends at the club; some of us go on holiday together!”
The two men of the group, George and David, said “We just put up with the women chatting!”
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
“We’re looking for a volunteer who's organised, reliable and able to plan activities for each week whether that be a quiz or a game,” said Nicola.
If you’re interested in volunteering, or are a speaker and would love to talk to the group, contact Nicola on 01354 661234.