Fairytale beginning for new student company
- Credit: Archant
THE student company of Wisbech’s newest theatre will have a fairytale beginning when it stages its first performance next month.
The Act Student Company is performing the award-winning Stephen Sondheim musical “Into the Woods Jr” from July 10th to July 11th.
The musical intertwines the plots of several Brothers Grimm fairy tales, and features characters from popular stories such as Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella and Rapunzel.
Students from Thomas Clarkson Academy, where the 450 seat Act Theatre is based, auditioned to become part of the Act Student Company and have been rehearsing for the past two months.
Lisa Tarsitano, from The Act Student Company, said: “Rehearsals are going well, the students are working hard on learning their parts and the director Emlyn Moment is working even harder on setting the scenes.
You may also want to watch:
“Staff have created some lovely costume designs and have already started fitting cast members with costumes – we have been particularly impressed by the vintage wedding dress Mrs Holland has managed to find!
“We are super excited to have Emma Small working with us as our lead vocal coach and her impact on the cast members has already been felt.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
Spokesman for the The Act Theatre, Allison Baverstock, said: “As the theatre is situated within the Thomas Clarkson Academy complex we wanted to set up a student company so that young people can have the opportunity to perform at a professionally run large theatre.”
There will be performances on July 9 for primary school children and tickets for the two evening performances on July 10 and 11 are on general sale now.
Prices are £7 (£5 concessions and a family price of £20) and to book call the box office on 01945 474447 or visit www.act-theatre.co.uk