Families of staff at Lamb Weston Meijer’s Wisbech base visit factory’s open day
FAMILY and friends of staff at Lamb Weston Meijer’s Wisbech base visited the factory’s open day on Saturday.
Lamb Weston held its first ‘partner day’ at Weasenham Lane and allowed employees to bring guests to give them chance to experience the factory in full production.
Around 150 people attended the event which included guided tours, gifts, sample products and a hog roast.
The Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Jonathan Farmer, and his wife Susanah - who opened the event - were given an extended factory tour of the American-owned Dutch company’s Fenland base.
Lamb Weston’s products are sold in more than 100 different countries on all seven continents and operate more than a dozen factories worldwide.
You may also want to watch:
The company produced a range of potato products, including chips for McDonald’s and KFC, and a host of others foods such as breaded and battered onion rings, vegetables and cheese sticks.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle