Family disco and barbecue is set to help raise funds in Emneth
- Credit: Archant
Families are invited to a summer barbecue and family disco in Emneth.
The fund raising event is on Saturday July 15 from 7pm to midnight at Central Hall.
The evening is part of activities to raise £20,000 to resurface the hall car park.
There will be a disco from the start then at 8pm the BBQ begins. Music continues into the night.
Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children. Under threes go free and are available from Gaul Tree Inn.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the hall, which recently had a modern kitchen refurbishment, said: “We now need the villagers’ support even more.
“We have been turned down for a lottery grant to help with the “20, 000 needed to refurbish the car park, to make it safe for everyone to use.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
“Please support our fund raisers so that the car park can remain a facility for all the village, not just the hirers of the hall.”
The hall has been a central focus since 1921.