Family fun day raises £300 for Scotty’s Little Soldiers charity
- Credit: Archant
Around 100 people helped raise £300 for a local charity at the weekend by taking part in a family fun day.
The fundraiser, which was held at March Football Club, was organised in aid of Scotty’s Little Soldiers – a charity which provides support to children who have lost a parent serving in the army.
Tanya Porter, of the charity, said: “I think it went very well, when the rain hit it died off a little bit but it was a very good day.
“We had races, ‘beat the goalie’, trade stalls, bouncy castles, cake stalls and much more.
“Our next event is on Saturday August 12 at March Rugby Club, where we’ll host another family fun day to raise money for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
“Boxer Jordan Gill will officially open the day at 12pm, there will be a Spitfire flyover, a rugby match between March Bears and Scotty’s Little Soldiers at 2.30pm then live bands performing on trailers from 4.30pm to 11.30pm.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash