Family fun day to bring in funds for a group that helps visually impaired people in the March area
- Credit: Archant
A family fun weekend of activities is being held to help raise money for Fenland (Isle of Ely) Society for the Blind.
The group provides services for local people who are blind and visually impaired.
The fund raiser is being held in the garden of Hazel Pegram at 19 Wigstones Road, March on June 24 and 25 from 9am to 5pm each day.
There is a bouncy castle for children, games with prizes, raffle, refreshments and crafts for sale. It is Free Entry and all money goes to the charity.
The group has been supporting the visually impaired community since 1923.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers run a basic IT course for the visually impaired, there is an information desk in Doddington Hospital each Wednesday and they have a quarterly newsletter.
The group meets in march Town Hall.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
A spokesman said: “It can be a struggle for people that are blind, especially in day to day to life.
“Isle of Ely Society for the Blind offer a range of activities and facilities to help make your day that much more enjoyable.
“We’re based in the March Town Hall where we have a resource centre which has computers, sight aids and games available.”
For details call 01354-656726.