Three-generation family enjoy ‘Facetime dinner’ with relatives in Denmark amid coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Supplied/Birgit Bonde Holdsworth
A Cambridgeshire couple refused to let coronavirus get in the way of their family meal after connecting with relatives via video link.
Birgit and Chris Holdsworth from March joined their relatives in Denmark via Facetime for an evening meal on Wednesday (March 25) - removing the need to see each other in person.
Mrs Holdsworth ate with her aunt, uncle, sister-in-law, bother and niece all in the same call and said it was “a very positive experience”.
She said: “Just want to share a very positive experience we had this evening, a Facetime family dinner. Three-generations enjoying safe time together. Stay home, stay safe.”
Speaking of a screenshot shared with this newspaper, she said: “From left it’s my aunt Kirsten and uncle Peter.
You may also want to watch:
“Next is my husband Chris and myself, the last picture is my niece Nadia, my sister in law Lone and my brother Gert.
“It was just such a lovely thing to do. My aunt and uncle live in central Copenhagen and brother’s family live in a town called Næstved.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“It’s all about keeping the spirit up in these uncertain times.”
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Have you been affected by the wide-spread COVID-19 outbreak? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org