Family’s relief after Whittlesey man found safe and well
A WHITTLESEY man who went missing before Christmas turned up safe and well on New Year’s Eve.
Concern had been growing for Paul Smith who had recently been living in both Peterborough and Wellingborough.
The 37 year-old disappeared on Christmas Eve and prompted a massive hunt by his family over the holiday period.
His mum Sandra lives in Newlands Road, Whittlesey and had described his disappearance as out of character.
She said: “Christmas did not happen for us this year.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith told a shopkeeper who spotted him that he had been depressed since losing his job at IKEA last year.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens