Family sports day to be held for children with a disability and their families in Fenland town
A FAMILY sports day is being held in a Fenland town on Monday for children with a disability and their families.
The event at Peele Leisure Centre in Long Sutton is the first of seven family activity days being organised throughout half-term by the Lincolnshire Sports Partnership. The funding has been provided by Lincolnshire County Council.
Sports and activities on the day could include wheelchair basketball, new age kurling, football, rounders, badminton, hockey, powerchair football and Wii Sports games.
Ian Brown, equality and diversity officer at Lincolnshire Sports Partnership, said: “The family sports days have been organised due to the demand for inclusive sports activities in school holidays and we hope to encourage children with a disability to take part in sport and physical activity in a comfortable and friendly environment.”
The disability days will cost �10 per family but if you ‘refer a friend’ and bring along another family you can attend another activity day for free. A ‘family’ consists of up to four people and must include one adult. Each additional person will be charged at �1 per person.
You may also want to watch:
Monday’s event runs from 10am-4pm and booking is essential. Contact Charlotte Childs at Lincolnshire Sports Partnership on 01522 585580 for more information.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s