Famous science fiction author Alex Scarrow visits Cromwell to inspire the next generation of writers
- Credit: Archant
Children at Cromwell Community College enjoyed a visit from a famous science fiction author yesterday.
Alex Scarrow visited the Chatteris school to work with three different year groups.
He held creative writing sessions with year nine students and a career based chat with year 10 media pupils.
Later in the day he delivered an ‘energetic’ presentation to 220 year seven children in the South Hall.
Jackie Harding, learning resource centre manager at Cromwell Community College, said: “What an amazing guy! We had a brilliant day.
You may also want to watch:
“Alex sold signed copies of his books at lunchtime and enjoyed a café lunch from the school canteen.”
The writer is currently in talks with Hollywood about his Time Riders book series being adapted for the big screen.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Man found dead in March