Famous science fiction author Alex Scarrow visits Cromwell to inspire the next generation of writers
- Credit: Archant
Children at Cromwell Community College enjoyed a visit from a famous science fiction author yesterday.
Alex Scarrow visited the Chatteris school to work with three different year groups.
He held creative writing sessions with year nine students and a career based chat with year 10 media pupils.
Later in the day he delivered an ‘energetic’ presentation to 220 year seven children in the South Hall.
Jackie Harding, learning resource centre manager at Cromwell Community College, said: “What an amazing guy! We had a brilliant day.
You may also want to watch:
“Alex sold signed copies of his books at lunchtime and enjoyed a café lunch from the school canteen.”
The writer is currently in talks with Hollywood about his Time Riders book series being adapted for the big screen.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 8 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 9 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 10 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera