Fancy a free place at V Festival or Newmarket races? Join Chatteris St John’s Ambulance.
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer life savers are needed to join the St John Ambulance’s Chatteris unit with a chance of helping out at music festivals like V.
Event services acting unit manager Derek Oliver said: “We have a busy summer ahead of us and are looking for volunteers who wish to become trained first aiders.
“We are appealing for people to deliver this vital skill in the community and at events in the local area.
“There may also be opportunities to progress within the organisation and learn other new skills.
“Anyone interested does not need any prior first aid experience as we will teach them to be the difference between a life lost and a life saved in the space of a few months.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers provide first aid cover at several local events including galas, horse shows and concerts and are often asked to help further afield at public gatherings like Newmarket Races, Huntingdon Races, Tour of Cambridgeshire, Cambridge Folk Festival and V Festival.
The unit meets on Thursdays between 7.30pm and 9.30pm at the St John Ambulance building, Eastwood, off Wood Street in the town.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
All volunteers must be 18 and will need to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07545 557705.