Fancy a new home? A social housing swap shop could be the ticket to move
- Credit: Archant
Social housing tenants in Fenland are invited to a house swapping event to find a new home that better suits their needs.
Circle Housing Roddons’ Big House Swap is on Wednesday November 19 as house swapping website House Exchange makes its first visit to the town following a national tour of more than 50 locations.
The website allows those living in a property that’s no longer suited to their needs to exchange it for one of a different size or in a new location.
Those attending will be able to get expert advice on the best way to promote their property, get help using the website and find out how to swap homes with other housing association or council.
Kim Gilden, head of House Exchange, said: “We’re really excited to visit Wisbech for the first time to share the benefits of House Exchange with local people.
You may also want to watch:
“We are passionate about helping residents get the most appropriate and cost effective property for their needs and look forward to helping people move.”
Anne Brighton, managing director at Circle Housing Roddons, said: “We are committed to providing local people with the right knowledge and advice to make sure they make the most of mutual exchange services like House Exchange.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Those who can’t attend but would like their property advertised on the day can contact email@example.com.
The event is at the Oasis Community Centre, Wisbech, on Wednesday November 19 from 11-3pm.