Far better for nurse in Fens
PATIENTS in the Fens are more likely to get a choice of hospital than many parts of Cambridgeshire. That is the conclusion of a survey by the Fens and East Cambs Primary Care Trust, which shows that 37 per cent of patients in its catchment area enjoy pati
PATIENTS in the Fens are more likely to get a choice of hospital than many parts of Cambridgeshire.
That is the conclusion of a survey by the Fens and East Cambs Primary Care Trust, which shows that 37 per cent of patients in its catchment area enjoy patient choice over hospitals.
This compares with only 21 per cent and 24 per cent of patients in Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire, respectively.
Huntingdonshire has the greater proportion of those being offered choice, with some 40 per cent of patients enjoying a choice of hospitals.
You may also want to watch:
However, Cambridgeshire PCT says no part of the county has reached the target of 60 per cent of all patients "having a conservation about choice of hospital with their GP".
A report to last week's PCT meeting said "improvements still need to be made in order to achieve the 60 per cent target".
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'