Farm problems crop up
FENLAND farmers struggling to cope with the Government s single-payment scheme have been urged to contact their MP, Malcolm Moss. Mr Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, plans to present farms minister Jeff Rooker with a list of individual problems at
FENLAND farmers struggling to cope with the Government's single-payment scheme have been urged to contact their MP, Malcolm Moss.
Mr Moss, MP for North-East Cambridgeshire, plans to present farms minister Jeff Rooker with a list of individual problems at one of a series of special "surgeries" planned for this summer.
Mr Rooker says that because of "positive feedback" he has extended his surgeries throughout the summer, and will be answering issues as they arise.
Mr Rooker has told MPs that appointments are not necessary, but said: "Please could I ask you to bring your constituents' addresses and SBI numbers to enable us to identify your constituents' cases more quickly."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash