Farms display super spuds
MORE than 50 varieties of potato under one roof – that was the objective of a Fenland company s second annual potato varieties day . Fenmarc, and its main customer Asda, combined to show the 50 varieties, including 15 organic varieties, which are grown a
MORE than 50 varieties of potato under one roof - that was the objective of a Fenland company's second annual 'potato varieties day'.
Fenmarc, and its main customer Asda, combined to show the 50 varieties, including 15 organic varieties, which are grown across six Fenland farms.
Visitors to the company's March plant were able to see how the crop responds to different soils and growing conditions.
In the Fenmarc kitchen there were potato tastings, with different varieties being cooked up as roast, mashed or chips to show their versatility.
You may also want to watch:
Leaving nothing to chance, the company organised for expert chefs to come in for the day to ensure the standard of cooking was second to none.
Officials from Asda in Leeds were among the visitors.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend