Fashion designer who has worked with Cheryl Cole backs Fenland teenager’s Miss Great Britain bid
A TOP fashion designer which has Cheryl Cole among its clients has backed a Fenland teenager’s quest for glory in Britain’s biggest beauty contest.
Harriadnie Beau Phipps will enter Miss Great Britain next year with the support of HMH Couture, which has worked with some of the most influential people in showbusiness.
Two years ago Harriadnie released a couple of singles as she pursued a career in music. Those singles led to various photoshoots - and at a shoot she met HMH Couture founder Hanna Marie Hutchinson.
Harri’s mum Alexandria said: “I’m just so amazed that, from a couple of singles, she has now gone into modelling. We are all very excited.”
Harri has taken part in several photo shoot with celebrity photographers this year, and it was at one of these shoots were the 17-year-old from Whittlesey meet Ms Hutchinson.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Phipps said: “Harri asked for her autograph and she obviously made an impact at the same time.
“We kept in contact following the meet and Hanna said she was looking for somebody fresh and new to enter Miss Great Britain so suggested she would back Harri this year. Harri was up for it immediately and said she could enter the competition next year.”
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Ex-employee ordered to pay £2k after losing ‘age discrimination’ case
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
Harri is also set to take to the catwalk for HMH Couture in February, at a show in aid of cancer charities.
HMH Couture sponsored this year’s competition and designed an exclusive gown for Cheryl Cole for this year’s X-Factor.
It has also designed dresses for television presenter Liz Fuller, a former Miss Great Britain winner who now owns the competition licence.