Fashion show, live music and high street discounts coming to Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Models will strut down the catwalk, musicians will perform and there will be bargains on offer at a fashion show next month.
The first Whittlesey Fashion and Living Festival will be held at the Manor Leisure Centre, Whittlesey, on Sunday November 17.
It will include more than 25 stalls offering discounts on high street prices, as well as two fashion shows, live music, free soft play for children and a hog roast.
Stalls will sell Christmas gifts and cards, handmade jewellery, fashion and beauty products, cakes, household wares and more.
Live acoustic music will be performed throughout the day by artists including Tommy Loose, who has played a number of gigs in the area with his extraordinary harp guitar, singer-songwriter Misty Jones and the Embla’s Eyes duo.
You may also want to watch:
The event has been organised by Boome Hair and Beauty salon together with Fenland District Council and Discovering Whittlesea magazine
It is backed by a wide range of other businesses.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The two fashion shows will include hair and beauty styles by Boome and dresses by Promissima.
Danny Boome, of Boome Hair and Beauty, said: “We are really looking forward to this. We wanted to do something exciting to bring everyone together and showcase the great businesses we have in this area.
“We are pleased that so many people want to be a part of the festival and would like to thank Fenland District Council for its support in planning and organising the event.”
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for the economy, said: “This is a great example of local businesses joining forces with us to put on something really positive to support the town.
“We’d like to thank our business partners as well as all the businesses that have booked stands at the event.”
The free event runs from 10.30am- 4pm. For more details, call FDC on 01354 654321.