Fat of the Fens falling over themselves to join expanding Slimming World group
THE fat of the Fens are falling over themselves to sign up to lose weight as a slimming group is set for rapid expansion.
Denise Fassler’s Tuesday evening Slimming World sessions in Whittlesey have proved so successful that more than 80 members have signed up in the hope of losing weight.
And now - with the group bursting at the seams - Ms Fassler has added a new morning session to cope the extra demand from slimmers across the area. It will begin on Tuesday.
Ms Fassler said: “Obesity is a such a huge issue across the UK and the numbers joining Slimming World help to demonstrate the awareness that people have with regards to being overweight and the health risks it can bring.
“Members are joining in order to lose weight and improve their health. The benefits we can all achieve from losing just 10 per cent of our body weight are amazing. On top of that your mood and self-esteem can also benefit.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Fassler dropped from a size 18 to a size 10 in less than a year after joining a Slimming World group. She decided to become a consultant four years ago.
Slimming World groups use a ‘food optimising plan’ which includes being able to eat unlimited amounts of everyday food such as pasta, rice, fat free dairy products and chicken.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The new group will be held on Tuesdays at 9.30am in Childers, Station Road, Whittlesey. The evening sessions at 5.30pm and 7pm will continue as usual.