Fatal collision on A47 at Guyhirn - road is closed
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a collision near Guyhirn.
The crash involving a van and a lorry was reported to police at 6.10am today (July 20).
It happened on the A47 Thorney Road, between Rings End and Thorney.
The driver of the van died at the scene.
Police are not in a position to name him as formal identification has not been done.
You may also want to watch:
It is unclear whether the driver of the lorry, a man, was injured.
No one else is believed to have been in the vehicles.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The road is closed to allow inquiries to take place.
Anyone who saw the collision is asked to contact the road policing unit on 101.