Man in his 20s dead after BMW M3 crashes and catches fire
- Credit: Google Maps
A man in his 20s has died after crashing their car before it burst into flames on a Cambridgeshire roundabout.
The crash, involving a white BMW M3, occurred on the Brotherhood roundabout near Lincoln Road at around 1.30am on Sunday, February 16.
Paramedics and fire crews were quickly on scene after the performance car caught fire, but the young man died at the scene.
Another man was seriously injured in the crash and remains in hospital.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We are appealing for information following a fatal collision in Peterborough yesterday morning (February 16).
You may also want to watch:
"The single vehicle collision involved a white BMW M3 and happened at about 1.30am in Lincoln Road, near the Brotherhood Retail Park.
"The car caught fire shortly after the incident. Paramedics attended, but a man in his 20s died at the scene.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
"Another man remains in hospital with serious, but not life threatening, injuries and an investigation into the cause of the collision is ongoing."
Anyone with information or dashcam footage is asked to call 101 quoting incident 42 of 16 January. Alternatively, you can report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report.