Father and son who carried out ‘vicious attack’ on two men in March with harmful substance and wooden club are sentenced
- Credit: Archant
A father and son who sprayed a noxious substance in the faces of two men before beating them with a wooden club have been sentenced.
Wayne Bishop, 56, and Wayne Bishop, 29, both of Station Road, Manea, attacked the two men in the early hours of June 17, 2017.
The victims had left a pub in March, where they had attended a birthday party, before becoming involved in a dispute with some youths at a bus stop.
The altercation was about to be resolved when the Bishops arrived and attacked them.
The victims suffered eye injuries and one required 15 stitches across his forehead.
The noxious substance was never identified.
Bishop senior was yesterday (May 7) found guilty of two counts of administering a poison/noxious thing and causing actual bodily harm following a trial at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 5 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
He received a 12 month community order, an electronic curfew between 8pm and 6am for three months, 20 days rehabilitation activity requirement, £600 compensation and £4,200 prosecution costs.
His son was found guilty of causing grievous bodily harm.
He was sentenced to nine months in jail suspended for 18 months, 120 hours unpaid work, 20 days rehabilitation activity requirement and £1,100 compensation.
Detective Sergeant Sarah Gaylor, said: "The situation was about to resolve itself when the Bishops arrived. The father used a harmful substance and his son a wooden club to viciously attack the victims."
Know someone who carries a weapon? Calling 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org