Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- Credit: ARCHANT
We did ask the obvious question of Father Christmas – seen behind the wheel of a very impressive looking tractor.
“So, what happened to the reindeer?”
A chuckle turned into a grin before he convulsed with laugher.
“Ho, ho, ho,” was the best we got, as we watched him roar into the distance, the momentary appearance at an end.
What he left behind was a beautifully illuminated Ben Burgess showroom at Coates, well and truly beginning its celebration of Christmas.
Passers-by can once more enjoy the spectacular thrill of the festive season as they walk, cycle, drive or even view the showroom from the top deck of a Whittlesey to March double decker.
A little late-night shopping, a dash or two of mulled wine, and a mince pie or three, celebrated opening night of the Christmas lights switch on.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Ben Burgess keeps the site lit up throughout December – and a 12 days of Christmas campaign culminates with the chance to win a special prize.
Those looking for a repeat visit of Father Christmas, however, may suffer disappointment.
He is fully booked and busy elsewhere.