Father Christmas helps little Olivia Hall to officially open a new extension at Maple Grove Community Group pre-school in March
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas had a very important date at a March pre-school recently.
Not only was he at the Maple Grove Community Group pre-school for the annual Christmas Fayre but he was also there to help officially open the new building.
The pre-school, which was located in a mobile for 22 years, has been in desperate need of more space and thanks to a £2.83 million investment in the adjoining school it now has that.
The extension includes two new rooms, a meeting room and a purpose built kitchen which will enable the pre-school, which also runs after school and holiday clubs, to provide proper breakfasts and afternoon teas.
Father Christmas was helped with the cutting of the ribbon to officially open the new building by three-year-old Olivia Hall, who won the honour by having her name drawn out of a hat.
You may also want to watch:
Tina Bidwell, pre-school manager, said: “We are absolutely delighted with the new building. We are proud to have a purpose-built building for our pre-school. We are all passionate about what we do, and we have had our third ‘outstanding’ rating from Ofsted in a row.”
Local MP Steve Barclay who was given a sneak peak of the building together with Wendi Ogle-Welbourn, director of children and young people and adult social services at Cambridgeshire County Council, the day before the official opening said: “The pre-school has recently benefited from part of a new £2.83 million investment from Cambridgeshire couty Council so they can expand their site and extend their offer of quality early years eduction.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The Christmas Fayre, which was held following the official opening on Saturday December 3, raised £1,200 for the pre-school which will be used to by new toys and equipment for the new rooms and also for the extended outside play area.