Father's day competition
PERSONAL Service, quality and competitive prices have helped bring success to Boon & Potter during the last 85 years. The traditional menswear shop at 35 High Street, March, also offers a more fashionable range to appeal to the younger man. The Cambs Time
PERSONAL Service, quality and competitive prices have helped bring success to Boon & Potter during the last 85 years.
The traditional menswear shop at 35 High Street, March, also offers a more fashionable range to appeal to the younger man.
The Cambs Times has teamed up with the long established business in a special Father's Day Competition. There are three vouchers of £50, £30 and £20 to be won for the winners to spend in the shop.
The shop is currently offering 10 per cent off all summer short-sleeved shirts.
You may also want to watch:
Present owner Richard Tasker took over the business in 1979 and says it has an interesting history since it was established in 1922.
He said: "In the early days a lot of the clothes were hung outside the shop and there were people called journeymen who visited the workers in the fields and farms with clothes. If it was a hot day, for instance, they would go around with a load of straw hats."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The shop offers a complete hire service for weddings and evening wear, or for any occasion which requires a suit. There is a huge range on offer including Highland wear.
The suit department boasts the widest selection in the area with up to 500 suits available from stock. There is also a vast range of knitwear and casual shirts.
Mr Tasker and his friendly staff can help customers choose anything from a single handkerchief to a complete outfit.
To stand a chance of winning one of the vouchers, just answer the following question:
n How many years has Boon & Potter been trading?
Send your answer, on a postcard or back of a sealed envelope, to Boon & Potter Competition, at 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ. Alternatively you can email your answer to email@example.com
Entries close at noon on Thursday June 14 so winners will have time to spend their vouchers to get a smart new look for Father's Day on June 17.