Fed-up firefighters take to social media again to complain about ‘inconsiderately’ parked cars in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue service has taken to social media to send another warning to motorists parking inconsiderately in Wisbech.
They posted a photo of a fire engine struggling to navigate a street in the town centre today (April 24) due to cars badly parked either side.
The photo was captioned: “Inconsiderate parking in Wisbech High Street again,” highlighting an issue which, in recent months, has become more prevalent in the town.
Back in January, the fire service took to Facebook to warn drivers of the perils of poor parking after one of their fire engines struggled to make it down a street thanks to a poorly-parked Ford Ka.
PCSO Lisa Mann, who was on the patrol at the time, said: “Inconsiderate and at times illegal parking is becoming an increasing issue in Wisbech.
“Parking in an inappropriate way could cause a delay in emergency services reaching an incident and therefore put lives at risk.
You may also want to watch:
“We urge people to think carefully about where they choose to leave their vehicle; ensuring it is parked legally and in a way that does not prevent larger vehicles from accessing the road.”
Fire fighters also complained of poor parking in December after a number of illegally-parked cars blocked their route at North Brink.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder