Fed up of no action to clear foliage at building in Wisbech once leased by Cambs County Council
- Credit: Archant
I have had a lot of complaints from residents about the building in Churchill Road, Wisbech, that Cambridgeshire County Council used to lease.
The building is a standalone building owned by the secretary of state for health. I have been in touch with them but as yet no reply or action.
I asked whether they could send out someone from one of their many departments to clear all the foliage that is getting persistently worse.
We are fed up with getting treated like second class citizens in the north of Cambridgeshire.
I have also had sight of a document that stated that investment in Wisbech has been below average for the last 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the first picture shows a cover on the grass verge opposite Robert Hale estate agents and as you can see this is not safe. I feel that it wont be long before someone falls and hurts themselves.
I am still trying to resolve the situation.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
CLLR PAUL CLAPP
County councillor, Wisbech North