Feel good factor from Royal Norfolk Show gives boost to Ely based agricultural company
- Credit: Archant
THERE was certainly a feel good factor down on stand 434 at the Royal Norfolk Show last week with local JCB dealer G&J Peck Ltd having plenty to celebrate.
The agricultural machinery firm, with a head office in Ely, has recently been awarded the 2013 JCB Investment in Innovation award at the JCB world dealer conference.
As well as their recent award, the company are also celebrating adding two new machinery franchises to their armoury for the first time. They have recently secured both the Amazone and Case brands for Norfolk, working out of their various depots across the region.
One of the company’s directors and JCB sales manager Jon Wareing spared The Standard a few minutes of his time while at the show and he told us he is delighted with the company’s recent achievements.
“We have a lot to be proud of at the moment” said Jon. “Not only have we just secured two new brands of agricultural machinery, in a new area. “We have also just won a very prestigious award at the JCB dealer summit. We are all very proud of our recent success.
You may also want to watch:
“We have got the new machinery on show here today and it has been great to meet some of our customers and chat to them.
“It is a very exciting time for us at the moment and there is certainly a feel good factor around the place.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
For information on new ranges or any other forms of agricultural machinery contact Pecks of Ely on 01353 664515.
G & J Peck Ltd is a privately owned agricultural machinery distributor with two depots in Cambridgeshire, two in Lincolnshire and an after sales outlet in Norfolk. The company was founded in 1846 by father and son, George and John Peck who set up a blacksmith and ironmonger business in the centre of Ely
In 1979, the company moved into new purpose built premises at Lisle Lane, Ely, the company’s head office.
The company currently employs in excess of 100 full time staff.