Fellow inmate arrested on suspicion of murder following death of 42-year-old at Peterborough prison
- Credit: Archant
An inmate who was killed in HMP Peterborough on Wednesday morning has been named by police.
Terry Ojuederie, 42, of Watford, was pronounced dead at the scene after police were called with reports of violence inside the prison at about 1.45am.
A 25-year-old man, also a prisoner at HMP Peterborough, has been arrested on suspicion of murder. He was bailed yesterday evening (Thursday) in order for him to continue serving his sentence while police enquiries continue.
He is due to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough on March 3.
Terry’s family said in a statement tonight: “Terry was a lively, loveable, friendly character who was well known in the Watford area.
You may also want to watch:
“He will be sadly missed by everyone who knew him, in particular his partner, children and loved ones.
“We request privacy and peace as we come to terms with our sudden, traumatic loss.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award