‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- Credit: @FenCops
Police “dealt with” more than 25 untaxed vehicles in just one day following a day of action targeting illegal motorists across the county.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s Rural Crime Action Team were “out in force” on Thursday, June 10, stopping more than 40 drivers at the roadside.
Throughout the day, officers stopped 27 untaxed vehicles, issued four traffic offence reports, issued 22 prohibitions for unsafe vehicles, dipped 29 fuel tanks and checked 16 waste licences.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Our dedicated Rural Crime Action Team were out in force alongside partner agencies for a day of action.
“They were targeting illegal road users across in our neighbourhoods, it was a shift well spent.”
You may also want to watch:
One resident said: “Well done, we feel much safer on the roads, knowing you are doing such a good job.”
Another added: “Good effort, keep up the fantastic work keeping our roads safe.”
- 1 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 2 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 3 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 4 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 5 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 6 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash