‘Truly inspirational’ husband and wife fundraising duo to hold bingo night for Magpas Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
An “incredible” husband and wife from the Fens are hosting a fundraising bingo night in aid of the Magpas Air Ambulance service.
Robert and Sue Wiltshire are holding the charity night at the Manea Village Hall on Friday, November 16 from 7pm.
Robert, known locally as Bob, is a Magpas volunteer and he and his wife are both described by the life-saving organisation as “truly inspirational”.
A spokesman for Magpas said: Bob and his wife are an incredible duo and attend and organise a variety of events on the behalf of Magpas.”
All of the proceedings from the bingo game will go towards the service, as well as money raised during a bake sale, raffle and squares board on the night.
You may also want to watch:
Magpas brings crucial lifesaving care by land and air to patients in life-threatening emergencies in the East of England and beyond.
They support the ambulance service and give advanced medical care. They have attended over 60,000 patients since they were founded in 1971.
To support the organisation and for more information, visit: www.magpas.org.uk
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour