Fen event will prove what A A Milne said that “if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
- Credit: Archant
Rarely will the humble spud be subject to so much celebration as the Fens play host to the Potato Council’s summer ‘techfest’ across two days in July.
Three consecutive events across two days are in line for growers, packers and processors as part of the celebrations.
The event kicks off at QV Foods at Holbeach Hurn near Spalding where the East Midlands Potato Day includes information on “topical themes”.
Hot topics this year include the current risk and reward of growing potatoes and the future hurdles and opportunities for the fresh and processing industry.
At the end of day one, on the evening of July 2, the Potato Council is hosting a summer ‘potato feast’ at Knights Hill Hotel near King’s Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
“The industry dinner is the ideal place to catch up with existing contacts, meet new colleagues and enjoy an entertaining evening,” said a spokesman.
On the following day the focus will switch to Sutton Bridge Crop Storage Research, the leading post-harvest applied research facility for agricultural storage in the UK, now celebrating its 50th anniversary.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
The day will showcase storage development, knowledge exchange past and present and will include the latest best practice on key storage topics.
For more Summer TechFest details and to register: www.potato.org.uk/events