How many kinds of sweet flowers grow, In a Fenland country garden? We’ll tell you now of some that we know.......
- Credit: Archant
Three parts of Fenland feature in this year’s National Garden Scheme.
The Old Rectory, 312 Main Road, Parson Drove, is a lovely walled Georgian cottage garden of one acre with two ponds and a long herbaceous border.
The garden opens into a wildflower meadow and paddocks.
Open Sunday June 10, 11-4. £4. Home made teas.
Also open by arrangement, gardening groups welcome, Helen Roberts, 01945 700415, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
At Ramsey Forty Foot Gardens, PE26 2YA, there will be four interesting and contrasting gardens.
The Elms: A large garden with water-filled former clay pits, full of wildlife and backed by massive elms. A good collection of interesting plants
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
First Cottage: a colourful cottage garden with a miniature steam railway.
The Willows: a riverside cottage garden with lovely old roses and herbaceous beds.
Lake View House: a lakeside garden with a large lawn. Home made teas and gentle background music
Ramsey Forty Foot Gardens open Sunday June 10, 2-6pm. £3
At Benwick Road, Doddington March, PE15 0TU, there are also four lovely rural gardens
Alderley: professionally designed with interesting plants and a well stocked kitchen garden
1 Fields End Bungalows: a new renovation project in the hands of a landscape gardener
Fields End House: an established garden with sunken lawn, wildflower meadow, rockery and a productive vegetable plot
Springfield: a 2.5 acre informal garden with a large natural pond, orchard, wildflowers and trees
Benwick Road, Doddington gardens open Sunday June 10, 1-5pm. £5. Home made teas.