Fen poets invited to step up to the mic in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech and Fenland Museum will be the setting for an evening of spoken word performance when it hosts an open mike night for budding poets, writers and storytellers.
The next Fen Speak will be held at the museum on Wednesday July 16.
Fen Speak gives emerging writers the opportunity to perform their poetry and stories on stage, in front of a small and appreciative audience.
You will be able to test out your performance skills, make new friends and take part in Fenland’s only regular spoken word night.
For those who enjoy listening to poetry, it is a fun and unusual night out, filled with fascinating stories and great performances, and a chance to listen in on those local tales you may not have heard before.
You may also want to watch:
All ages and abilities are welcome to attend.
Doors open at 7pm. The show starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 6 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years