Fen potter Joe Perry signs Fellstead sponsorship deal
- Credit: Photo: © Keith Mindham Photogra
Chatteris snooker star Joe Perry has signed a sponsorship deal with Suffolk holiday parks group Fellstead.
The world number nine will carry the Fellstead logo on his waistcoat at tournaments around the world, and will also appear at Fellstead’s parks during breaks in his schedule.
The Fen potter has recorded more than 200 century breaks since turning professional in 1991 and won his first major ranking title at this year’s Players Championship Grand Final in Thailand.
He said: “I’m enjoying a career high in the rankings and have just won my first world ranking tournament. Having a successful business backing me will aid my efforts and it’s good to be associated with successful people.
“I hope I can take the Fellstead name to a wider audience.”
You may also want to watch:
Fellstead director David Macdonald said: “We are delighted to be sponsoring Joe. Snooker is growing in popularity across central Europe and the Far East, while maintaining strong interest and television coverage here in the UK.
“This a wonderful opportunity to raise the profile of our holiday parks. As his sporting nickname suggests, Joe is a true gentleman and a fantastic role model to youngsters.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“We are proud to be associated with a true champion and a local favourite.”