Fen Slimming World members donate ‘higher syn’ items to Ely Food Bank
- Credit: Supplied
Super slimmers from the Fens have donated “higher syn” items to Ely Food Bank.
Members of the Doddington Slimming World group raided their cupboards for any items they wish to give away to those in need.
Dawn Breacher, consultant, said: "I am very proud of all of my members who, alongside losing weight, are learning to eat healthy.
"Although no food is forbidden at Slimming World, members decided it would be nice to give something back to their local community by donating those higher syn foods they had left over after the festivities."
The food has been collected since Christmas at Dawn's groups held every Monday at 9.30am, 11.30am, 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Doddington Village Hall. Ms Breacher added: "The food was donated to Ely Food Bank and yes, the food collected was from just my Doddington members.
You may also want to watch:
"My members in January alone have lost a phenomenal 755lbs which equates to 54 stones in total.
"If anyone is wishing to lose weight then they are more than welcome to come along on a Monday."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend