Fencing and construction materials near A142 in Chatteris targeted by arsonists
- Credit: Archant
A wooden fence and building materials were torched by arsonists at a construction site off the A142 at Chatteris.
Firefighters were called to the A142, close to its junction with New Road, at 9.15pm on Friday.
A fire service spokesman said: “One crew from Chatteris was called to the fire. They arrived to find a fire involving about 10 metres of fencing.
“They extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 10.55pm.”
Appealing for witnesses on the Policing March and Chatteris Facebook page, a police spokesman said: “We are appealing for any witnesses to come forward after a wooden fence and building materials were set alight at the new building development at the New Road junction with the A142. Did you witness anyone acting suspiciously in the area?
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information please contact 101, quoting incident number 469 of 02/01/15, or you can ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens