Fenland and East Cambs schools report lowest number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in county
Fenland and East Cambridgeshire recorded the lowest number of schools with confirmed coronavirus cases in the county for the week beginning November 16.
Figures released by Cambridgeshire County Council on November 24 showed that five schools in Fenland and seven in East Cambridgeshire had confirmed cases.
In Peterborough, there were 41 schools that reported Covid-19 cases, 20 in Huntingdonshire, 16 in South Cambridgeshire and 15 in Cambridge city.
A total of 182 staff and 1,067 pupils in Cambridgeshire are self-isolating because of the cases, while 90 staff and 1,526 pupils are self-isolating in Peterborough. These figures have seen a sharp increase from those reported two weeks previously.
A county council spokesperson said: “We will not identify individual schools, or say how many children or staff have contracted the virus as some schools will only have single cases. “However, we will highlight the total number of pupils and staff who are self-isolating as a result of outbreaks.”
The spokesperson said that to help manage the volume of requests and give an overview of the situation, they will be issuing a weekly update every Tuesday.
The update will detail the number of schools in each area which have experienced an outbreak of the virus during the preceding week.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 8 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road