Fenland applications wanted as rural development programme looks to give away £120,000 in final year
- Credit: Archant
A RURAL development programme which offers grants to boost Fenland communities has about £120,000 to award in its final year.
The Fens Adventurers Rural Development Programme (FARDP) has already invested more than £2.5million in rural business ventures and community enterprises in Cambridgeshire.
With the programme due to close in December, organisers are seeking more worthy causes to apply for the remaining funding.
Mike Carter, programme manager, said: “We still need a few strong applications which the board can consider for approval to get the last of the funding committed.
“The challenge, as ever, for applicants will be to drive delivery by the end of October and submit claims so that we are fully spent by the end of the year.”
You may also want to watch:
Guy Mills, chair of the group which decides on applications to support, said: “The programme has to close in December and all projects closed in line with the regulations.
“We are in a ‘use it or lose it’ position and clearly the whole programme team are keen to see full spend made across the Fens to maximise the benefits from winning the funding in the first place.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
The programme focuses on developing rural businesses, sustaining tourism and addressing gaps in basic services.
For more information contact Mr Carter via e-mail at email@example.com, on 01353 865047 or visit www.cambsacre.org.uk/fensadventurers