Fenland applications wanted as rural development programme looks to give away £120,000 in final year
- Credit: Archant
A RURAL development programme which offers grants to boost Fenland communities has about £120,000 to award in its final year.
The Fens Adventurers Rural Development Programme (FARDP) has already invested more than £2.5million in rural business ventures and community enterprises in Cambridgeshire.
With the programme due to close in December, organisers are seeking more worthy causes to apply for the remaining funding.
Mike Carter, programme manager, said: “We still need a few strong applications which the board can consider for approval to get the last of the funding committed.
“The challenge, as ever, for applicants will be to drive delivery by the end of October and submit claims so that we are fully spent by the end of the year.”
Guy Mills, chair of the group which decides on applications to support, said: “The programme has to close in December and all projects closed in line with the regulations.
“We are in a ‘use it or lose it’ position and clearly the whole programme team are keen to see full spend made across the Fens to maximise the benefits from winning the funding in the first place.”
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
The programme focuses on developing rural businesses, sustaining tourism and addressing gaps in basic services.
For more information contact Mr Carter via e-mail at email@example.com, on 01353 865047 or visit www.cambsacre.org.uk/fensadventurers