Fenland Archaeological Society to hold more talks about Wisbech tunnels
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Archaeological Society’s pre-Christmas talks about the tunnels that run underneath Wisbech were very popular and oversubscribed.
As a result the group has decided to organise a third event which will take place on Wednesday January 17 at Mendi’s restaurant starting at 7.30pm.
Rumours about the tunnels under Wisbech have circulated for centuries.
Andy Ketley has researched the subject extensively and has uncovered some strange stories as well as an intriguing explanation as to why Wisbech started to expand in the late Middle Ages.
There is also a twist in the tail that has surprised many.
You may also want to watch:
Those who attended the pre Christmas talks (over 200 people) have been enthralled by the story and all have been fascinated by this secret history of Wisbech.
Andy Ketley will explain where the tunnels are and what they have been used for and questions at the end are always welcome.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
The meeting is open to all for £2 and starts at 7.30pm. Booking is essential.
Those interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07742321774.