Fenland artist impresses expert dealers on Channel 4 show Four Rooms
- Credit: Archant
A budding Fenland artist has made a splash on a primetime national TV show.
Mother-of-three Yvette Cobley’s human table caused a stir on Four Rooms, a Channel 4 TV show where people who believe they have a valuable artefact get the chance to sell it to some of the country’s leading dealers.
The 50-year-old’s spectacular mosaic creation captured the imagination of Celia Sawyer, an interior designer with a host of celebrity clients.
The dealer snapped it up for £800 and plans to sell it on to one of her famous clients.
Mrs Cobley’s husband Leicester Cobley appeared on the show to sell the human table.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I appeared on the show for Yvette and sold the human table to Celia Sawyer for one of her clients.
“We will never know whose home it is in but her client list include celebrities and the rich and famous who like to protect their identity.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
“My wife has always been a creative person but it is only now that she has concentrated more on her art.
“A giraffe head she made is on sale in Cambridge art gallery Primavera and she has other items on display at March store Ambiance.
“However, Yvette doesn’t just make mosaic items, she has created and sold many outdoor sculptures.”
Mrs Cobley, of March, has set up her own website where you can view her creations, which are also on display in several Cambridgeshire galleries.
She works in various styles including mixed media, ceramics and wire mesh sculpture - taking inspiration from the human form.
Four Rooms has been running on Channel 4 on Friday evenings at 8 pm. Mrs Cobley’s human table appeared in episode 27, which can be watched at http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-rooms/episode-guide
You can see more of her creations at www.yvettecobley.com