Fenland artists and craftsmen are invited to exhibit at Wimblington church
IF you can make it, then display it. That’s the rallying cry as Wimblington church prepares to stage its first art, craft and hobbies show during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee weekend.
Organiser Iris Pyne said: “This is the first time we have taken on such a big project, and we are looking for support from across the district. It is free to enter, and we hope that if items are sold, then exhibitors will make a donation to St Peter’s Church.”
The exhibition will run from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, between 10am and 5pm. Admission will be free, and on the Sunday morning villagers are invited to a special Diamond Jubilee thanksgiving service in the church.
Church warden Peter James said “We hope that this will be a major exhibition and well supported from across Fenland, It is an opportunity for St Peter’s church to show off the improvements that have been taken place into making the church a building fit for community use, and a way of saying thank you to all those that have given so generously in helping us to move forward in such a positive way.
“We hope that this will be a joyful weekend in the spirit of the Jubilee Celebrations, a contribution to the village celebrations, and a major fund raiser for the church. Tea, coffee, cakes and other items will also be for sale in support of the church.’’
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wanting to exhibit can contact Iris Pyne on 01354 741263 or to Peter James on 01354 741872. The closing date is Wednesday May 30.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges