Fenland Arts release first charity CD after Dudi Crew record three songs
FENLAND Arts have released their first charity CD after their own group Dudi Crew recorded three songs.
‘Without You’ contains tracks written and performed by musicians that make up the group who teach young people all over Fenland at ‘jammin’ sessions.
Andy Hill, who plays bass guitar and the piano on the record, penned ‘Without You’, which also appears on the three-track CD as an acoustic version. ‘You Belong To Me’ was written by March singing sensation Aimee Peart-Webb.
Drummer Tom Harlock and singer/guitarist Mike Knaggs make up the four-person group. Money raised from sales of the CD will go back into helping Fenland Arts run music sessions across the district.
Katherine Nightingale, Arts Officer for Fenland Arts, said: “These sessions empower young people and help them grow in confidence as well as developing and enhancing their musical skills.
“All the sessions are run for free and in many cases the musicians volunteer their time. We are going to use the money raised through the CD to deliver even more music sessions to reach more aspiring musicians in Fenland.”
Dudi Crew work with other Fenland Arts volunteers - including singer/songwriter Bondy - to run sessions at Young People March, Whittlesey Youth Centre and the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Youngsters who have practiced at the Wisbech sessions will appear at the Wisbech Bring and Share Festival on August 7 and talented musicians who meet up with Fenland Arts in Whittlesey will appear at the Whittlesey Festival on September 11.
• ‘Without You’ and ‘You Belong To Me’ are both available to buy as singles on iTunes and CD Baby. The three-track CD can be bought from Fenland Arts for �3. Call 01354 652769 for more information on Fenland Arts.