Fenland athlete to continue raising money for British Heart Foundation in honour of team-mate
AN ATHLETE’S efforts to raise money for the British Heart Foundation in honour of her team-mate who died of a heart attack will continue on Saturday.
Amanda Boldy, 24, from Mayfly Close, Chatteris, and her fellow Bushfield Joggers’ runners were left devastated after Rob Davys, 53, died during last year’s Great Eastern Run in Peterborough.
Ms Boldy tackled the Great North Run and held a charity Zumbathon to raise funds for the foundation earlier this year.
And on Saturday, at Stanground College Sports Hall, Peterborough, her fundraising efforts will continue when she holds another dance exercise to Latin and salsa music session.
The fundraiser said: “My last Zumbathon was a great success and we managed to raise �360.16 but I hope to collect more this time as we’ve had to move the venue due to huge popularity and all of my teachers are kindly offering their time free of charge.”
You may also want to watch:
Mark Funell, a Xumba and line dancing teacher from Chatteris, and Ms Boldy’s mum Carol are two of the teachers who will help run the session between 1-4pm.
Tea and cakes will be available with a small fee from sales going to the charity. Sessions cost �5 for one hour or �10 for all three.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The Bushfield Joggers’ runner will also take on next year’s London and Edinburgh marathons to raise further funds for the BHF.
• If you would like to go along to Amanda’s Zumbathon - or help her raise money for the British Heart Foundation - contact her on 07795387338 or by e-mail at email@example.com