Fenland athlete to raise money for British Heart Foundation following death of team-mate
A FENLAND athlete is set to begin raising money for the British Heart Foundation in honour of her team-mate who died of a heart attack.
Amanda Boldy, 24, from Mayfly Close, Chatteris, and her fellow Bushfield Joggers’ runners were left devastated after Rob Davys, 53, died during last year’s Great Eastern Run in Peterborough.
Ms Boldy has organised a charity Zumbathon in July and will tackle the Great North Run in September to raise funds for the foundation.
She said: “Rob’s death was completely unexpected - it was a big shock and huge loss to both his family and the club.
“As a club we continue to do everything we can to raise money for this great cause in his memory.”
Tickets to take part in the Zumbathon at Hinchingbrooke School Leisure Centre on July 3 cost �10 to take part for three hours or �5 for one hour.
The dance exercise to Latin and Salsa music will take place between 10am-1pm with three different teachers taking turns in guiding the group throughout the event. A variety of raffle prizes will also be on offer.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Amanda will then don her official BHF vest to run the 13-mile course in Newcastle on September 18.
• If you would like to go along to Amanda’s Zumbathon - or help her raise money for the British Heart Foundation - contact her on 07795387338 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org